Sunday, July 16, 2006

I believe in angels


I sit on the terrace awaiting the darkness of night, and notice the statue of an angel that I have placed amidst the rocks I collected from the beach. It looks beautiful and illuminous, caught by the light of neighbouring houses. The day has been hot and without air, the sky has been closed for days. I wonder why I have such an attraction towards angels, Is it because I believe in them, I´ve often had visions of angels walking around and wondered if we could really see them would there be many standing on this terrace or in the living room when your watching TV, or standing by or sitting on your bed. I like to think there is, a bit like that movie ´City of Angels¨ except I wouldn´t quite like them to be dressed in black crombie coats and black ties. I think of them being more etherial, but partly transparent, voile and feathers, a romantics view, but then I think I would accept them as they are. I was onced touched by an angel or so I think it was, at a dinner with many people, at first I thought it was someone I knew but then there was no one there..then it happened again and people assured there had been no one, but I think it was an angel telling me to be brave, I at that time had been upset over something. I had a friend when I was very young , her father was yugoslavian and he became the centre of attention in the village because he had seen an angel in the sky....some thought he was crazy but he wasn´t.
Think of the obsession people have with angles, artists, writers film directors and more........

No comments: