Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Thoughts

The wind has changed direction and I am able to take my twilight hour outside, the subtle glistening lights of christmas add a magic to the air. I used to love Christmas but not anymore, I miss my family miles away, my special sister on the other side of the world. My grand daughter lost through seperation, my sons whose lives have been hard this year, and others of my family. I miss the days long ago when Christmas was about visiting and being a family, grandparents and the one carefully wrapped present laying under the tree. One for each person..valuable and with love. When I spend my Christmas here with my partners family, I see the closeness of a family united in every way, but this I do not miss, as you can not miss what you haven´t had. I dislike the way a kind of greed has entered such a special time, the most expensive means the most love??? No I don´t think so, somewhere we have got it wrong, and our children will not understand the true value of this special time. Life changes every day, perhaps we are all responsible...and where eventually will it lead us to? To all my family close and distant I love you all.
And for those people in the world without shelter and food, I pray for you.
Let´s hope that some form of sanity touches these places and the world in 2007.
Happy Christmas to All and PEACE on earth.

2 comments:

HP said...

Love to you. But you know that :)

signing as said...

yes I think in some situations we have got it wrong, but making mistakes is part of life´s lessons