Monday, December 11, 2006

Change

When the pain subsides so my thoughts of my twilight hour assemble. I have had a reasonable 48hrs. Not only is it too cold for me to spend my twilight hour on the terrace, but we also have heavy rain, a gift much needed here to put some green back into an otherwise scorched landscape.
So I sit and watch from the window, and its so lovely to hear the rain beating down on the roof, and I wonder why we take so much for granted in life, and when things change it comes as quite a shock. Someone I once knew boasted of his wealth and that he would never work after the age of 40....a year later he went into bankruptcy, an enormous shock to him, he had taken it for granted that he would always be successful....
I never thought I would become so ill, after all my mad times when I was young....maybe I am paying for it now.
We can´t always believe that maybe someone will love us for ever, because maybe they wont....and if we take things for granted the greater the possibility in things going wrong. Enjoy what you have for today, for tomorrow it could all change.

2 comments:

HP said...

True and fear of change is what has many of us in 'chains'. Easy to say embrace change when it comes, far harder to do and yet change can bring much better outcomes than we ever imagine, if only we have the courage to embrace it and move forward.

signing as said...

i totally agree with you